Monday 20 August 2012

JW Training fun run!



JW Training Fun Run - Sunday 19th August

Today was the day, I had my fancy dress sorted (nice and easy, or so I thought - hospital scrubs!), my sun cream on and my BIG bottle water of water ready. Now to just run the 3 miles!

I met Dave at Lily Hill car park and I watched as he transformed into a fruit machine. Yes, that's right.....a fruit machine.! He insisted it was a good idea so off we went with our families to meet the others. We met the team down at the start line and were registered and given our running numbers, unlucky for some I got number 13 but hey, someones got to have it!!

Joe wore his weekend dress for the run, combined with glasses and wig and he transformed into Lady gaga nicely. Joe led the warm up and we were the first session to go so we lined up and waited, then it was GO GO GO!!!

The first leg of the run was up a hill and then when you think you are getting close, it gets steeper again! But with every up hill is a down hill and I thoroughly enjoyed flying down it, the poor marshall at the bottom probably thought she was going to get flattened!
The race was hard, mainly down to the hills, the heat and the fact that scrubs are NOT suitable running clothes which I discovered pretty early on! I was worried about how my legs would cope after suffering with DOMS after my FIT 400 test with Joe but I didn't feel like it was hampering my running and they actually felt pretty good afterwards! I crossed the line in about 28 minutes (time tbc!) and it felt so good :)

Dave finished in about 35 minutes - a great time and he also shaved 2 minutes off his PB so he is chuffed!

  
 The JW Training runners post run! 

 
 
Me and Dave before the run started

 
 
 Me and Joe. JW Training owner and my Personal trainer

 
 Finished :)

A great day out so a big well done to Joe and the JW training team who organised a fantastic event and raised lots of money for a worthwhile cause - Youthline.

For more information on upcoming events and what JW training can do for you, visit their website on http://jwtraining.net/




No comments:

Post a Comment